Spinning, or indoor cycling, offers a terrific form of cardio work and can focus on endurance, strength, intervals, high intensity, and recovery. Using a special stationary exercise bike with a weighted flywheel, a spin bike can be adjusted to fit all bodies.
The Sweatshop offers Small Group Training Sessions daily. We believe everyone should come to at least one spin group a week, simply due to the great results we have seen! Here’s some of the science behind why spinning is great for you.
- Improve Your Health by improving good numbers and reducing bad numbers. You’ll increase heart health, lung capacity, and overall endurance. You’ll burn calories while building lean muscle and strengthening your core. All the negatives will reduce…cholesterol, anxiety, and depression.
- Enjoy a new experience every time as our instructors vary every group they teach. No two groups are the same, and you’ll keep your body surprised with the constantly changing workouts.
- Be happier and enhance mental health when you finish class with a major endorphin rush! Your body will naturally relax after the intense workout. You’ll also find yourself building mental strength as you push through the difficult moments of class. This leads to better self-discipline, and you’ll feel sense of self control and confidence in daily life.
- Build community with those that ride together on a regular basis. Everyone in the group feels the difficult workout, so you bond over the experience and ultimate completion of class. You also have a large cheer team helping you push yourself through those difficult moments. You all will reach goals together and be able to celebrate with friends.
- Avoid potentially painful impact by decreasing the amount of pressure put on the foot, knee, and hip. Spinning does not carry the same amount of impact as other equipment provides, meaning you have less pain to push through. Spinning is also a great workout for rehabbing injuries due to the low impact – it increases range of motion without the pressure or pain.
Spinning is for everyone! If you have never taken a Spin group before, reserve your spot now. We’ll show you how to fit your bike, comfortably transition during the workout and get ready to hop into the group!